New AMT app

IAM FedEx Technicians
Powered by Conduit Mobile

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cards this time are coming in every week

UNITED WE BARGAIN DIVIDED WE BEG


To reach Randy his email is chiefsherwood@aol.com




Randy Sherwood has confirmed that the cards have been coming in a good rate this time. I think people are finally starting to figure out that every single individual has to sign one and not depend on everyone else to do the job for them! Keep spreading the word if they have not signed and sent they need to now.


I am starting my new Job up in Nashville on October 20th and I put out here that I was done come October 1st which is tomorrow. Randy will take over the website after I leave and count the cards. It won't make a lick of difference I am doing this or not, it is up to everyone and if we get the cards we get to the mediation board to help us get our own class and craft. I am at the stage that we don't need a third party at this stage (besides where are they now) My feeling is that we can come up with a board of our own by elections but that will be up to everyone else. If it all falls in line a list of options will be put up on this site for what kind of representation you want i.e IBT, AMFA, or our own FedEx Board.


It has been a pleasure meeting all of you through the years who felt that this was needed a long time ago and I am sorry I failed on that part. I don't know how many of you know this but If Ted Kennedy did not pass months before our bill went to the Senate we would have had the law overturned. He tried to stop it's passage back in 1996-97 and did not have the support. He would of gladly have supported our cause and he would have been the 60th democrat we needed to stop the filibuster that Tennessee Senators Corker and Alexander said they would pull. Without 60 they could not stop the filibuster from happening and the bill would have died. He had the pull to even get a few republicans to vote our way. As luck would have it (FedEx's not ours) he died of a brain cancer just before this happened. I did not give up after that big hurt but now it is time I worry about my family and my future. I will always support this effort no matter what but this old goat needs a rest.
 Actually not a rest too much of that on my present job, looking forward to running around the jets like the rest of you guys hoping there is no block out's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We welcome your lead Randy! There are a good many of us who are currently reaching out to fellow amts to make them aware of this important issue. The new card and renewed focus is having a positive impact.

Please let us know what else we can do to help!

The movement of info and cards in the workplace is key!

Bill

Anonymous said...

All:

Several of you have asked me for a rough breakdown of AMTs by location to aid you in your card signing attempts.

Below is the most recent list:

MEM: 870
LAX: 405
IND: 317
OAK: 70
EWR: 58
ANC: 44
DFW: 37
ATL: 34
ORD: 32
BOS: 21

Additional:

Phoenix: 17
Philly: 18
Denver: 16
Miami: 15
Houston: 14
Detroit: 12
Minne: 12
Ontario: 15
Seattle: 13
San Dg: 12
Columbus 10
Dulles: 10
Potrlnd 10
Fort
Lauderdale 9