New AMT app

IAM FedEx Technicians
Powered by Conduit Mobile

Friday, February 6, 2015

I CAN NOW UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN OUT STATION AND LARGE STATION AMT.

UNITED WE BARGAIN DIVIDED WE BEG

Being in the out station for just a short time I can now see why many of us don't get involved. When your out of touch with what goes on at the larger stations like Memphis and LAX and INDY you feel all is good. Being in an out station you don't have to deal with managers being down your throat or having meeting after meeting's pumping worthless information to you and the problems you do want addressed never gets answers.

Don't get me wrong I am working harder than I ever have and to be honest I love it. Going from a shop that had a meeting every week and never any good news you can get fedup enough to want to change it. Seems when your in an out station you stay so busy you don't have time to sit and think about what your fellow amt's are going through until something happens to you and then it's to late.
I have guys here who are for it and some who say they would still work for FedEx if offered a job from UPS with their benefits and pay. That I think is just stupid but everyone has there right to their beliefs and I respect him no matter what.

This should not be about who is for and who is against as long as it does not effect me! If I found out anything is that we have to many FUIGM's who if there life is good and the are getting overtime or never been sick to see how bad our medical has gotten you can't make them see the truth. The simple fact is until something happens bad to them and then say I can't believe I did not know how things have changed for the worse, we need help!

I love FedEx because it gave me a job for almost 22 years straight and before the big change in our retirement and medical  came along I would not have seen a need for a union.

This is about all aircraft mechanics who believe that we as a job class should be separated from those who are not professionals like we are. One thing I can promise is that you will get older and your health will not stay the same or that some tragic sickness or accident that was not even your fault hit's you is when you will wake up.

I am not involved in this movement with the IAM due to health issues and time restraints, but still do believe that we will never get the respect we deserve until class and craft is decided.

If you feel your job is not as important as the pilots there is nothing I can say to change your mind. I do wish that I knew when I come to work everyday that someone is negotiating on behalf of us and when a contract is passed knowing that it goes all the way back to when the old contract expired.
I would wish that you make up some medical problem you might have and do your homework on how much it will cost you to have work done on you and see how bad it is.

Randy I think your doing a great job and I apologize for doing more than I normally would but like I said, I can't take the stupidity and ignorance anymore.

I leave you with this, why does the NFL have a union? why do teachers have a union? Why do almost all airlines pilots have union's along with the police and firefighters and so many other intelligent careers? Doctors and Nurses around the country also have unions (not in the south where they love knowing they never have to negotiate with the union We can not compare apples and oranges and if you compare us to passenger airlines you just don't understand what I am saying. UPS is the only other company we can compare to and if you knew how much more they are making then us in total benefits and pay, rules that are in stone and not rubber like ours. You don't have to hate FedEx to say maybe we can try this other way and if that does not work then you can always vote again to get rid of what does not work.

We are the second highest paid not considering management and if they can't take from the pilots because they have a contract you should see by now they take it from us.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said, Tom. Folks are just starting to realize what horrible health care coverage they really have now. Shame on the company for trying to once again deceive us. This is going to be one of the main issues in the IAM campaign and for good reason.

A couple things for everyone to ponder:

1. Not counting the Delta AMTs, we are the only airline whose AMTs are not protected by a union contract.

2. Why is it that our pilots and all UPS employees, just to name a few, got to keep their platinum health insurance plans despite the introduction of the Affordable Care Act and the so called "Cadillac Tax".

Anonymous said...

Great points. Even if the Cadillac Tax goes into effect in 2018, the little FedEx currently pays for our insurance is no where close now nor would be in 2018 to trigger a tax. Don't believe me, check your W-2.

I paid $9000 out of pocket in 2014 for medical expenses that our 2013 coverage paid all but $788!

Many of you I have talked to are starting ton realize how badly the company has bent us over. We have some of the WORST health insurance of any airline in the country. Not just UPS. Our plan sucks more than most.

Welcome to FedEx and enjoy your crappy, catastrophic health insurance!

Anonymous said...

Looks like anyone who uses our plan got a nice little pay cut. With no reduction in our premiums, Company must be saving a boatload of $$$$.

Indy boys

Anonymous said...

We need to learn from others. I do not want or wish anything bad to happen to anybody, but there are coworkers that have had bad things happen to them. They are trying to cope with dealing with the problem and also dealing with the lack of true health insurance. Let's help our coworkers out at the same time we help our own families.

Your fellow coworker in Indy

Anonymous said...

One day we could very well wake up and not have to worry about losing any benefits.............because there won't be any left to lose??? Yet the pilots will still have theirs intact and unchanged!!!

We best wake up before it's too late!

Anonymous said...

The presence of the IAM is truly a blessing. They will help us get this done.

My very own manager has told me that if he could vote he would vote in a union ASAP. He also said that more health care "changes" or cuts are headed our way.

Only way to a seat at the table and stop this overreaching is to get everything in writing.

Anonymous said...

Great IAM website. Can't wait until we start parting our content on there like the helathcare scam and map loss.

I just did my taxes and saw our horrible reality that hit me and my family this year to treat my bad back and wife's diabetes.

We paid out $9888.00 to cover these expenses! Major screwjob. A FedEx pilot, UPS employee and most AMTs in the industry would have paid no more than a few hundred bucks for this treatment.

This takeaway, ALONE, is reason enough to get the protection of a contract. Every year they take valuable benefits from us and our families.

It's time folks -

Anonymous said...

OAK and ANC are behind this.

Pilots we run into up here have asked many times' "what gives?" Why the delay in getting protection after you guys got gored by the company on the pension and now healthcare. Pilot said we will all pay dearly well into and after our careers are over unless we put a stop to what the company is doing. Plain and simple- make them bargain over every future change they have planned for us.

The IAM is a reputable aviation group who represent aviation employees at admired comoany's.

The west coast is revving back up. Good work to whoever got the IAM!

Anonymous said...

Watch the IAM site for more details on informational presentations and meetings which will be conducted in Memphis, Indy, LAX and OAK at area hotels.

Interest starting to build my friends.

Anonymous said...

Check this out. Sound familiar?

http://xppoi1nm5s92xm932cfvmdqnr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/02/OK-Not-OK-Final.pdf

Anonymous said...

Let's crank this thing up before they start taking more valuable stuff from us.

Anonymous said...

Until we ensure that all 2401 (total on JF1 Seniority List) becomes aware of this drive and has been told how to go to www.goiamfedex.com and fill out a card as well as sign/send it in......we won't get anything "cranked up"!!